Sunday, January 11, 2009

New camera, new pictures

These new pictures have been taken with a new Nikon D-60 modified by Life Pixel using their Enhance Color filter after removing the standard IR filter. I have to say that I am more pleased with these results than the pictures that I got from my older D-40 although I believe a good part of the problem was the inability of the D-40 to modify the white balance in a controlled way.

All these five images are the result of monochrome processing from the same picture. The one below is the result of a direct grayscale conversion.

These two images come from discarding a color channel or adjusting the channel mixer for a monochrome output:


A sepia filter in the monochrome image gave me this result:

And playing with doutones for the same monochrome image gave me this one:

It is hard to say which one I like the best. Also, because of the Enhance color filter, the results do not seem too spectaular in B&W images. Maybe the light in the scene didn't help too much either. But the duotone, the last one, seems to be the one I like the most from this set. Next time, some color processing from the same picture.

No comments: