Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Clouds, clouds and more clouds.

Clouds seem to be one of the favorite subjects in Infrared photography. Clouds seem to have much more texture when photographed in IR rather than visible light. I am not that happy with how my pictures of clouds turned out to be; maybe these are not taken with the best light or during the best day. Still, I think they have some stronger dramatic effects:

I especially like the contrast between the clouds and the sky, even more when we have some ground area covered in grass:


And for a different type of processing, less strong, a bit more natural:

A couple more pictures showing the contrast between the trees, the sky and the clouds, these with a stronger effect:


And finally, one of my favorites:


I still need to do a better job of removing the different color casts and tints, but for now this will be it.

No comments: